Menu
Sourmashjacko
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet is complete trash.

Okay so my internet connection at home has become somewhat of a joke. I am constantly having massive wait times when trying to use my browser ( to browse the web and watch videos) and I am also having serious issues when trying to play games, the ping will jump from 30ish ms to 2000 ms and stay like that for about a minute (sometimes kicking me off anything i'm connected to); i'm also having the same issue when trying to use any kind of VOIP.

I'd greatly appreciate a solution to these problems other than going with a different ISP.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet is complete trash.

Hi Sourmashjacko, 

Thanks for letting us know that you've been having issues with your connection having ping spikes and slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some checks from here and I can see that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during peak times, the reference number for this is F004729401 and is currently set to be reviewed around the end of November. Should you require any further updates on this, just post back here closer to that date and we'll gladly help out and provide with any updates that are available.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos