Menu
cheshirecat76
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Internet loss

Ok so this problem has been ongoing for the last three weeks.  My internet drops randomly and then restarts, either side of the loss are high latency lag periods.  The frequency at times is up to every couple of minutes.  Troubleshooting the connection in Windows 10 always leads to a warning that connection between the router and my ISP is broken.

I have tried three different wireless adapters on 3 different PCs, a laptop and an ethernet connection and the problem exists on all devices.  I've restarted and reset my router to factory settings and the problem persists.  The internet was working at perfectly fine speeds before this started.  It can happen at any time of the day or night.

It's becoming just a tad frustrating I've spent hours of my time trying to resolve this, checking my equipment, updating and replacing drivers, settings trawling through FAQs and troubleshooting guides and I've been waiting patiently like a good little customer, over xmas with my kids moaning constantly about naff internet connection.  Would be nice if it got sorted soon.  Anyone got any advice or help as the only thing I have left is to hit the router with a hammer and I'm not sure that's a useful maintenance approach.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Internet loss

Hi cheshirecat76, 

Thanks for letting me know about your issues with your intermittent loss of connection,  I apologise for any troubles incurred. 

I have tested the connection from here and I can see that both of your upstream power levels are too high and will require an engineer to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos