cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address

graham582
Joining in

Have a problem with my ip address, it shows me outside of the country, yet on my wifes computer it shows it as normal (connected to Sheffield Server),

Due to this I cannot connect to a number of sites even the National Lottery shows me outside of the country so I cannot play on it. 
This started last night Thursday 8th Feb 2024

Any ideas and or help

Thanks

Graham

12 REPLIES 12

carl_pearce
Community elder

Are you using a VPN on your PC?

Does the below site show 'My ISP: Virgin Media Limited'

https://www.whatismyip.com/

I have tried it on VPN and without, also my isp location in London , then my ISP as Digital Ocean LLC

graham582_0-1707510053234.png

graham582
Joining in

Also my wifi speed has gone from 650mps down to 63mbs within the last few minutes.
Been through all the reset procedures, Lottery shows me outside of the country so cannot play also on another shopping site it comes up with 403 error and language goes to Danish. 

graham582
Joining in

It is also showing my Isp location in London and the ISP as Digital Ocean LLC  ?????

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

reinstall your PC

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey graham582, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this,

I can see you've spoke to someone since this and have been given some advice here.

Has this helped or are you still needing some advice / help? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think you should do a thorough virus check. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Matt.

I have spoke to Virgin Technical Support and they did their internal checks, but could not solve the problem, but then a few hours later the ip address resolved itself back to the Virgin server, but then the following day it went back to the LLC London ip address thus causing many problems again. 
I spoke to an old friend who is a top tech in a company and tried to solve it for me and could not (he talked me through loads of stuff to try (he'd never heard about this), I did a full virus check and found nothing, then a few hours later it again went back to the virgin server where it has been ever since. 
My wife's computer which is via ethernet is ok, unfortunately my laptop is only wifi.

HI.

I have tried that and run a deep registry virus check which a friend sent me to try, and found nothing, but so far it's held onto the virgin ip address for the last 2 days.

Thankyou