cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Upload Latency

OviDragan
Joining in

Hi All,

I've recently upgraded from a 500GB on a hub3 to 1GB on a hub5 package. Using the hub as a modem for my Asus ROG GT-AX11000. 
Simply have a look at the attached pictures below - for context the landscape one is on LAN from PC and the portrait one is on iPhone 12 on WiFi.

The upload latency is at 83 which is a "happy scenario" however 9 out of 10 times it would sit at 250+ which makes playing any fps, and even working from home sometimes unbearable.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Test PC.png

Test Phone.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey OviDragan, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about this speed issue.

The speeds you get at home will, of course, depend on a variety of factors, it depends on your package, what and how many devices you have, how they are connected amongst other things.
We do have a download speed guarantee though - this will show the minimum speed we would expect for all our packages - you can take a look at that here.

Also we can't guarantee our equipment to work with any 3rd party kit but after taking a look I can confirm there is currently an SNR outage happening which you can keep an eye on here. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Client62
Legend

The first image has not been released to view, perhaps it had a public IP on show.

Hi Matthew_ML

Have you had a look at the picture above?

As mentioned, the problem is not with the package as this is the highest you can possibly offer.
In terms of 3rd party kit, I do believe that the Asus ROG AX11000 is far beyond your capabilities as a company however the problem at hand is the upload latency! This has been affected as soon as the "update" to the new HUB 5 and the 1GB package. 

AGAIN: Not the speed is the problem but the latency - having spikes in everything I do is not fun 🙂
Please have a look at the below:

OviDragan_0-1690712862086.png

Thanks for coming back to us OviDragan. Do you have a broadband quality monitor setup? If not, you can set one up here and this will help us to determine the issues that you're having and we can hopefully diagnose the problems and help to get the issues resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to block out your ip address on the top left of the bqm - or the mods will block it.

or follow the instructions underneath it to... "share  live graph"

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yes VM like big buffers when rate limiting they think it make your speed faster!

Or you can enable QoS/BWM on your router and rate limit 1Mb less then your upload speed for better latency.

---------------------------------------------------------------