cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 router problems since landline changed to fibre cable

kayathome
Joining in

Had nothing but problems with the WiFi, since the engineer came to connect the cable phone last week. Tried everything in the help section, but still no WiFi.

When the engineer came last week, he had a lot of problems with our WiFi and router. He replaced the hub 5 router with another hub 5,  but he couldn't program it back to our old sid and password. So we spent the next few days reconnecting our 30 WiFi appliances. Then on Saturday the WiFi went off completely and nothing connected. I did the usual checks and reboots and factory resets. But we keep alternating between no WiFi, intermittent /dropping WiFi or only a few of our devices connecting. 

For example, sometimes nothing will connect and we currently have 18 out of 30 connected appliances. But things like my Samsung phone and a/c, all my Alexa and ring appliances won’t connect. And of the 18 out of 30 that have managed to connect, some are too weak to work, according to the Virgin Connect app.

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I noticed on the router page that I am unable to switch off either 5GHz or 2.4ghz, as I used to be able to do on my last router. Could this be affecting things like Amazon and ring appliances?

Anyone had similar problems and managed to resolve them?

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey kayathome, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about this.

I have checked this up and I can see you've spoke to the team since this post did they managed to get this resolved for you?

Also yes gadget such's Ring camera connect to the 2.4GHZ they won't work with 5GHZ. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Will let you know, after the engineer has been tomorrow