cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Guest Network won't connect

teulk
Tuning in

Installed the Hub 5 yesterday from a Hub 3, I had my hub 3 split into 3 networks 2.4, 5 and a Guest which and those setting seemed to carry across to the Hub 5. I can connect to 2.4 & 5 but not the Guest anymore. They all show but the Guest won't connect, if selected it goes through the motions then reconnects back to one of the other 2.

Does Channel optimisation need to be turned off?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Channel optimisation would be turned off in order to operate split SSID on the Hub's non guest Wi-Fi service.
Best to totally avoid the VM Connect app if split SSID is required.

To test the Guest network make sure the laptop / mobile does not have Wi-Fi profiles configured for the SSID of the Hub's regular 2.4GHz / 5GHz channels. 

If connecting to the Guest Wi-Fi is the only option it is much easier to confirm what is working and what is not.

Thanks for your reply, I have tried the disabling / forgetting the 2.4 & 5ghz but the Guest will still not connect. 

You said that channel optimisation would  be turned off in order to have split ssid, however it is still turned on as can be seen in these screen shots.

1000016353.jpg

1000016354.png

Hi teulk,

Thanks for posting and sorry you've had some issues connecting to the network.

As it's been a few days since you last posted, is this still a problem?

Can you confirm if resetting the hub helps at all?

Alex_Rm

Hi,

Resetting the hub 5 does not resolve the issue in regards to connecting to the Guest Network. 2.4ghz & 5ghz networks are fine with good speeds and connections.

As you can see in the picture in my previous post, the Guest Network is visible but will not connect.

Do the networks need to be combined and not split as in my case for the Guest Network to work?

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us teulk, when you reset have you tried a factory/pin hole reset or just a hub reboot?

Is this issue happening on all devices that you have tried to use to connect to your guest network?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

I have only tried a Hub reboot and it happens on all devices when attempting to connect to the Guest Network.

Thank you for coming back to us Teulk.

Please can you try the pin whole reset and let us know what happens.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide