cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book a new technician

Lulu96x
Joining in

Basically our WiFi has been messing up since I got another contract- every day for the past week I’m having to restart the hub, we had a technician come out yesterday and said she can’t fix it, it’s basically not her problem and left without telling us what we can do next? Now virgin is saying we have to wait 24 hours again to book a new appointment with a technician but how can I do this now as we’ve been needing someone to actually fix this for a week? 

many thanks to anyone who reads this 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it just WiFi devices or are Ethernet cables devices affected as well?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Everything is affected- sorry for the delay we lost service again multiple times

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, that makes a great difference. It’s best to refer to it as the broadband connection not WiFi. WiFi I just a subset of your broadband connection. Let’s get some stats first:

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lulu96x

Sorry to hear of the broadband and wireless network issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From checking the connection and equipment we can see over the last week there were multiple issues up until Saturday but it appears to have eased over the last couple of days, have you noticed an improvement during this time?

Let us know.

Rob