Menu
jamesscannell
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High Ping Between 8pm and 11pm Daily

This is in the PO2 Portsmouth area. My connection throughout the day is normal and runs fine:

Download: 77mbps  Upload: 5 mbps  Ping: 14 ms

However everyday for almost the last fortnight I have been receiving this every evening between the times of roughly 8 and 11 pm, it turns to this:

Download: 16mbps  Upload: 0.5 mbps  Ping: 151 ms

after 11 it goes back to the same as in the day. This is extremely frustrating as it really impacts my ability to game online and to download from the internet, two tings i do frequently (and almost only) in this time range. 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping Between 8pm and 11pm Daily

Hi jamesscannell,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with your broadband connection during the evenings.

I've managed to locate your account and there are peaks of high traffic during the evening which may impact you, however it is currently not breaching our thresholds. We will continue to monitor this issue.

Are you able to post some ping test results please for us to check over? Also it would be helpful if you created a Broadband Quality Monitor as this will check the performance of the connection.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos