Menu
Sav112
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Help with connection with old iPhone 3

hi, got the virgin home hub 3 installed last week. New iPad, new iPhone SE and even old PC connect flawless be it wifi or wired in the case of the PC. 

Question. I still use my old iPhone 3GS more or less out walking listening to podcasts such as Lave radio, the infinite monkey cage with prof cox and a few others. It's not got a sim so just used to downloading the episodes before I need them over the wifi. 

The old phone could see the BT wifi (still in use for another month as we'd already paid a month in adv

ance) before cut off. 

The phone can't see the new virgin hub 3 and in the settings it's switched to mixed on both 2.4 and 5  ? Thought this would cover the older tech but no. 

Also why does this forum when posting have such a poor issue that you lose control over typing on the ipad like it's blinking in for example "before cut off" above and I can't type further down, most annoying is it an iPad thing ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with connection with old iPhone 3

Hi Sav112,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our Forum as I believe we can help Smiley Happy

By default Hub 3 has the same SSID for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies. I know that your iPhone should auto-connect to 2.4GHz but in situations like this I've found that separating the frequencies seems to sort this out. 

Please access your Hub's interface pages by typing 192.168.0.1 into your browser and entering the login and password details that are displayed on your Hub.

Now select Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security and change the WiFi Network Name (SSID) for both frequencies and click on Apply Changes.

Please let me know if that helps Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos