cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 upgrade

davidanderson27
Joining in

I'm currently on M350 Broadband, using a Hub3 which I've had for a few years now. 

I just took advantage of an email offer from VM to upgrade my broadband for a reduced cost, to either go to M500 for an extra £4 a month, or to Gig1 for an extra £8 a month, which is what I chose.

Will I be getting a new hub for this, as I don't believe the Hub3 is capable of 1 gig speeds?

Looking through the new contract it doesn't mention anywhere that a new hub is being sent but does list 'Broadband installation' next to 'Gig1 Fibre Broadband' under the Broadband Services section.

I had a confirmation email stating that my new service will be activated on Nov 2nd, but I'm just a little unsure about the hub.

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

You SHOULD be sent either a HUB 4 or 5 since the HUB 3 cannot support Gig1.

Whether that happens automatically is another question!

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Davidanderson27 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear these concerns regarding your package change and potential hub upgrade. You are completely correct, you should receive a hub upgrade as part of the package change to help process the higher speeds. To check this is the case and there is one on the way to you I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details.  You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Client62
Legend

Before committing to an extra £8 per month forever do consider if you will you notice the difference i.e. will you get any benefit.

The difference is not required or perceptible for Office Work / Email / Zoom, Social Media, Home Admin, TV Streaming, Home CCTV etc ... not even for console games does it make a difference.  Only for the time saved to perform a super large downloads.