Menu
Chris-SP
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

For over 3 months intermittent broadband connection area 14

200Mbps Superhub 2ac Area 14

Hi guys,

For the past 3 Months I have experienced an intermittent broadband connection with my Virgin Media line 2 or 3 times a day and when it eventually comes back on sometimes it’s perfectly fine, low ping full speed but more often than not I have to restart the router to get it back to normal again otherwise its low speed or high ping’s.

2 Months ago a virgin media service engineer changed my router as he actually witnessed it being intermittent while he was in my home, however, Intermittent problem still going on.

1 Month ago I was booked for another engineer to visit my home but Virgin actually cancelled the appointment stating that the intermittent problem had been resolved/fixed, therefore no requirement for the engineer to attend, however, Intermittent problem still going on.

1 week ago your cancellation team told me they would send a SENIOR engineer out to my home to resolve the issue and upon arrival engineer who attended stated he was not a SENIOR engineer. He looked at the router and the internet went off whilst he was at my home. The engineer told me he had passed some network engineers whilst on the way to my house as they were working down at the bottom of my road, they were replacing an amplifier so the engineer stated to me that the problem could be that and advised me to just wait a day or so to see if the problem goes as he stated there was nothing further he could do, however, Intermittent problem still going on.

I have all wired connections and all PC’s having the same problem. My neighbours virgin broadband goes off at the same time as mine does and there are also some additional people in my village having the same problem.

I phoned virgin again today but went round in circles with 3 different departments, none of them very helpful and very frustrating conversations. They did carry out a check on the line again and stated there was no problem and told me to call back when there was, but the fact is the problem is intermittent and every single day we are experiencing the same problem and it absolutely not worth the good money we are paying for it, totally unreliable and very infuriating people at virgin who are supposed to help me, are they not?

I have previously called virgin at the point when there was a problem, and had 2 virgin engineer’s in the house,  they witnessed the issue whilst they were here and yet again no joy in resolving the issue and the problem is still going on.

I am stuck in a vicious circle and now looking to this forum for help. I have been in the same house since Blue yonder fitted cable for me in 2001 with no problem until these recent events, but I cannot stay with you if these issues are not fully resolved to my satisfaction. Please help

Virgin Stats.pngVirgin stats 2.pngVirgin stats 4.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: For over 3 months intermittent broadband connection area 14

Hi Chris-SP, 

Thanks for your post to let us know that you're having issues with your broadband being intermittent for a few months, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have run some checks from here and I can see that there's a number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to attend and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I will get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos