Menu
ClaireLavender
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Failed to install after 3 months - Compensation request

Good afternoon,

My flatmates and I applied for a new VM broadband connection in DECEMBER and it never got completed. We were not kept informed at all during the process.

We had our installation date pushed back twice and then no further news when the second one was cancelled. We weren't given a reason for it either.

I called customer services multiple times (waiting min 30min on hold each time) to talk to someone in a call centre who did nothing to resolve the problem. I kept asking to be informed of what was going on, to receive an email update or something and despite promises this never happened.

Eventually I managed to get through to the local contact (from the Croydon center) who originally came round to our flat. He found out (after another 2 weeks) that the installation was indefinitely delayed and advised us to change provider. He also said to email him with any compensation requests that we might have so he could forward them on to the relevant people.

I haven't heard back from him in 9 days and don't know who to contact now. We've spent 3 months without internet at home and have had to pay for top-ups on our phones. We will now also need to be tied into a 12month contract with a new provider, despite only being in the flat for another 8months.

How do we get compensation for this? The customer service has been truly unacceptable and this has just been such a painful process.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed to install after 3 months - Compensation request

The Forum mechanism will not be able to deal with this for you. This is an account related matter which the Forum is not designed to manage. It is not a means of communicating directly with VM. You will probably have to go through the complaints procedure. I have attached a link to the Guide. Good luck.

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos