Menu
Beetlebabe1973
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Every 5 minutes router drops connection

Hi
I am having problems with my router for the past week I have had a continuous cycle of dropouts every 5 mins you can almost set your watch by it. Nothing has changed in terms of positioning, gadgets around the hub that could suddenly cause interference. The dropouts are most obvious when online gaming it boots me off Xbox live on my Xbox one when streaming video it tends to stutter or buffer. I have tried router reboots full power downs of router and kit attached. I have tried changing channels swapping between performance and range settings nothing makes a difference.
Connection via Ethernet to test seems to work but is not something I could do as a long term solution to many devices and all wireable. I am guessing faulty router. Please help

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Every 5 minutes router drops connection

Hi Beetlebabe1973, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with your router disconnecting every 5 minutes, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that all of your downstream power levels are too low and will need an engineer to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this booked and secured for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos