cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet, not working on HUB 5

nedna
Joining in

New customer, virgin media. I have since received a Hub 5 and set up and installed successfully, this week I tried plugging in a UniFi dream machine pro via the 2.5 gig connection. Unfortunately, this week I tried plugging in a UniFi dream machine pro via the 2.5 gig connection. Unfortunately, port 1 to 4 on the hub five does not work or send out or even assign an IP address to the UniFi dream machine pro. ort one to 4 on the hub five does not work or send out or even assign an IP address to the UniFi dream machine pro.

I have vigourously tested the wire and get all comms are green, I have also tested the wire and can confirm it works. The test was done using the unify switch for power of an ethernet to power. A access point that was successfully powered up and transmitting data.

The only thing I have isolated the issue to is the hub five from virgin media. I have contacted virgin media and they have told me that there are some issues in the area and because of that they can’t do anything about the ethernet ports working locally. I told them that the Internet is fine and is working as expected. It’s just the hub five is unfortunate and I am not using the ethernet port as intended.

If anybody has any solutions as I’ve seen, this can be a common problem. Please advise as I have tried no enough everything I have found online and to my best of my knowledge.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are using a DM-Pro you should have the hub in modem mode and only the 2.5 port will work. I run a  DM-Pro, 3 x switches, 3 x WAPs, 5 x cameras and doorbell from my hub 5 and a daily speed test show I’m always getting full speed.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Test with a PC to the 2.5Gb port with the hub in modem mode when you get that working you can copy its MAC to your WAN port of UniFi dream machine pro then connect it the hub hub

---------------------------------------------------------------