Menu
tina_jmc
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Emergency engineers?

Why does virgin not have emergency engineers? I rang virgin today (Sunday) as my internet wasn't working and they said an engineer must be called out and the soonest appointment is in 5 days time. I work from home thus loosing a whole weeks work!!! Who is going to compensate me for loss of earnings?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emergency engineers?

VM have a very limited ability to work outside of normal office hours.

Your internet failure could be the result of a local fault which will be repaired as soon as they can. Check the "service status" for your post code at the top right side of this page (clickable link).

As for compensation you'll not get anything except a pro-rata refund for loss of service if it is real fault on VM's side; and only then if you ring in and ask. It is not automatic.

The residential service terms and condition expressly excludes compensation for consequential losses  including loss of earnings. If you want that you need services from VM business which also has an SLA guaranteeing the time it will take to get you up and running after a fault is detected and cleared.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.