Menu
simong2408
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Constant WIFI issues

Hi Guys

I have a VM Superhub 2 that's proving to be very unreliable and I've logged several calls with VM in the past who change some of the setting remotely but this doesn't seem to be able to resolve the problems.

Our household consists of several iPads & iPhone, Smart TV, Amazon Echo's and several Smart plug appliances.

The issue manifests itself in several ways;

1. Total loss of internet via WIFI even though the devices still show as connected (Wired connections still work) with the only way to fix being to power the Superhub 2 off/on - This then takes up to 10 mins before you can re-connect to WIFI. This issue seems to happen every few days.
  2. WIFI password not being accepted intermittently on either 2.4g or 5g WIFI connections - Again, only way to resolve is to turn off/on.
  3. When trying to add a new device (i.e an Echo Dot this week) I'm unable to complete the set-up due to a "Bad Password" error, yet other devices can connect to the router fine with this password.
  4. iPad is reporting a security issue and saying that WEP is in use but when I check the Superhub this is set to WPA2 - I'm wondering if this is causing the password issues mentioned above

I've read that some customers with WIFI issues have been supplied with a different version of the Superhub but not sure if this would resolve our issues.

The constant issues are very frustrating so if anyone could point me in the right direction of getting these issues fixed once and for all it really would be appreciated as I'm out of ideas and starting to think the only solution may be to change to a different provider,

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant WIFI issues

Hi simong2408,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

It sounds like there might be an issue with your Superhub 2. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted out.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos