Menu
SourTreats
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connection keeps dropping and strict NAT issues...

Hi all,

I've just come back to my parents to spend christmas with them. While I've been gone they seem to have had a Virgin Engineer come out and fix and issue they had. Prior to this visit, I had set up our wireless to be Super Hub 2 in Modem Mode and our router was a TP-Link TD-W8970. The engineer set the route back to default so they had 2 routers producing wireless and it was causing issues.

So I've tried to set it up to how it was before, but I can't for the life of me get it to be reliable. Every few minutes the internet seems to drop, now this mainly effects Streaming and a connection of Xbox Live. I constantly keep getting disconnected from XBL but not enough to be signed out, just removed from an online game and any parties. Now I've checked my ports and they are all set to forward to the Xbox's IP, I've even tried setting the IP as DMZ but no luck. 

This use to work perfectly before this engineer came out, so I don't understand why it's doing this now. The super hub is in modem mode, so you can't change any of the settings besides turning off modem mode. The TP Link, I've set up with Virgins DCHP settings, but the router is showing an 82.0 IP address rather than a local host 192.168... I'm not sure why, when the ethernet cable connecting them are in the correct slots. Is there any thing I've done wrong? I can't work out how to make the Modem to Router share local IP rather than an outside IP.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I scanned my parents PC for viruses and found a few Trojens as well as a very dodgy Russian VPN that had attached itself to the settings. The PC is connected wirelessly to the router.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection keeps dropping and strict NAT issues...

Morning SourTreats,

Thanks for posting back on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

At the moment I am unable to see your line stats, i.e power levels, SNR. Are you able to post your router information for me please for us to check for any issues? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Do you get any issues, if you disconnect your TP Link router and have a direct connection to the Xbox?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos