cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled appointment

Scooby109
Joining in

Has anyone else had the engineer appointment via the app cancelled without any explination?

4 REPLIES 4

martinstusak
Joining in

Yes, it's ridiculous as the next appointment has been set for 21st. So basically I am paying for not working internet from now till 21st without any compensation + I am afraid that one will be cancelled too, would not be surprise.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the appointment was cancelled with less than 24hrs notice you should receive compensation.

If you have no service at all you should receive compensation for each day, after the first two days.

This assumes you have reported a fault to an existing service.  If you are awaiting connection to a new service, different conditions apply. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

wovendesign
Tuning in

Yes this happened to me yesterday, hub was unresponsive for 12 hours, tests said nothing wrong in the area, so booked an engineer and got a text for confirmation. Then when I logged in to check later that day after the internet returned the appointment was cancelled with no notice.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It sounds like there was a known area fault that was quickly fixed, in which case house visits are automatically cancelled as they are not needed.  I don't know if that qualifies for compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.