Menu
Jonsnowboard
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband recurring outage

I reported a broadband outage a couple of days ago and was told there is ongoing work in my postcode area until March 2017. I have 100Mb.

Today I had another outage. I checked the virgin media status site and did not see any issues showing up. I used the service checker to check my connection and it didn’t fix it after 10 minutes. I rebooted by router and eventually it worked again. This is happening more and more frequently and is causing me issues I work from home a lot (IT work).

Please could you let me know if there was an issue in my area at around 16:30 today (8/12/2016). If not do I need an engineer visit? I started keeping a log and have also had outages which I had to fix by rebooting my super hub 2 router on:

2/12/2016@10:53
· 6/12/2016@11:53 (which I reported and was logged)
· 8/12/2016@16:30
- 8/12/2016@23:40

I tried to get through to support via chat today to no avail.

Do I need an engineer visit?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband recurring outage

Hi Jonsnowboard,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

Looking at your connection, I can see the fault (F003703912) in your area which has a review date of 1st March 2017 which is in regards to high peak time traffic.

There was a fault reported on the 9th December in the early hours of the morning, which has been closed down as resolved. 

I did notice that the upstream power levels are too high at + 54 dBmV and for this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos