Menu
Pauljames87
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issue (countless tech visits already)

This is the issue I have

My broadband goes down about 4-5 times a day at least. I currently have a superhub 2AC, when its "down" the data transfer light goes green and the tivo "heart" flashes.. if I remove the cable from the router and put back in it comes back instantly (noticed this about 4 months into the issue)

Last tech visit I had the splitter at the back of the router replaced and the router itself replaced. Neither has fixed the issue (tech booked in for saturday)

Virgin are sending me out a HUB 3 as I use 100gb a month and they are thinking its sheer data usage (Unsure but im willing to try anything to fix this)

the tech that comes round one will put signal lowers on my system (he claims signal is too high) yet another will say its too low and removes what the other one did.. also when the signal lowerers are on the broadband drops out EVEN more and the tivo picture flickers on live sport a lot. 

now something I have just noticed is when the broadband last went down I didnt touch the cable at the back.. I went to the tivo and I removed the ethernet cable so it cant talk to the hub anymore.. suddenly we have 5 blue lights again and (touch wood) hasnt dropped since

is there any known issue with Tivo talking to a router over ethernet since an update they have done? because this issue has been about 10 months on and off now..

I am looking to get a V6 box and see what happens with that aswell

any ideas welcome

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issue (countless tech visits already)

Hi Pauljames87, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your broadband connection disconnecting 4 - 5 times a day, my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that there's a few time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this a little further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos