Menu
DarthNara
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband in SS3 down again?

For the 4th time since Christmas my broadband service is down again in Shoeburyness.

Virgin has been so reliable for the last 3 years but the last 6 weeks it's been crazy. Last time it went down they obviously made some changes as the speed has been slower (ok 170 as a posed to 200 isn't major) and the external IP range totally changed so I can only assume that traffic was being routed via somewhere else.

What's really annoying is I work from home a lot and there is no notifications of outages unless you check the status page after you realise it's out. As virgin has all our email addresses it would be nice if the sent an automated mail to users in the affected area so we didn't have to go looking for details.

Is anyone else around here experience these issues?

Virgin what's going on, why the sudden degrading of the service?

Can I be compansated for most work time?

Regards,

Frustrated of Shoeburyness
200Mb consistently in SS3
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband in SS3 down again?

Hi DarthNara, 

Thanks for posting to let us know that your broadband is down again, I offer my apologies for any inconvenience caused as I know this can be very frustrating so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have managed to test your connection from this side and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for us to compare with the data we have here.

What does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

Does this occur on both wired and wireless connection types?

I look forward to your response,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos