Menu
wardben
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

2015 Retina MacBook Pro 15" constantly dropping wireless connection

I've spent hours on the phone to Apple trying different things and even did a clean install of OS Sierra. Apple told me it's Virgin Medias problem, so I called Virgin and the guy over the phone turned my internet up from 6 to 10 (or something like that). He said this would solve my problem after 30 minutes, but still constantly dropping connection. 

After a bit of Googling it seems this is a big problem, but I can't find a fix anywhere. I tweeted Virgin Media and they suggested posting here, is there a definite fix? I'd really rather not go through the hassle of changing provider.

It might stay connected for 10 minutes or it might stay connected for 2 hours but it's always sure to drop connection. The wifi looks as if it's turned on and has full connection but absolutely nothing works. No pages loads in any browser, Apple Music doesn't work at all, just anything to do with the internet stops working even though my laptop shows wifi on with a strong connection.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2015 Retina MacBook Pro 15" constantly dropping connection

Hi wardben,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with the wireless on your MacBook Pro.

Do you only notice this on the MacBook or does it happen on other devices?

Here are a few steps you can try to see if it will help : -

• Change the wireless channel.
  • Change the security from WPA AUTO to WPA PSK AES.
  • With the Hub 3.0 this broadcasts the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network as one. You can separate these and re-name them both to something completely different including the password.

I appreciate that you have tried as much as you can your side. If you are still having this issue, you can take a look at this thread > Macbook Pro very temperamental with Superhub Wifi!!.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos