Menu
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

2 problems I have

1. For some reason in last few days half a dozen ports on my router have been blocked 80 is one and now I can't use on demand, catch-up and can't connect any thing via tv anywhere. If I reset my super hub would this open up the ports?

2. Every few days I have to power down the router and restart it because the wifi and internet drops off. Any suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated thanks stuey
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 problems I have

Hi stuey2510, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear that some of your ports on the Hub have been blocked over the last few days. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've run some checks from this side and I can see that the reason your connection has been dropping out and you need to reboot every so often is because your modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too low and will require an engineer to attend and resolve this for you. 

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

With regards to the blocked ports, here's a link for setting up port forwarding on your Hub. It shouldn't affect your TV weather the ports or blocked or not, so this seems very strange indeed. The engineer will be able to look at that for you also.

I look forward to your reply, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos