Menu
Will_Superhub1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2.4ghz not broadcasting to devices

Hi There,

I have a superhub1 and am encountering a few issues with 2.4ghz frequency

When the sh is set to 2.4 the SSID does not show as an available connection on all devices in house. (I have checked and SSID is indeed set to broadcast.)

When i switch to 5ghz the SSID shows for on all compatible devices in the house and works fine, and a wired connection works fine either way.

I have tried some basic troubleshooting such as reboot, reset, etc but to no avail.

Capture.PNG

noticed there was a similar thread but seemed to be the reverse, so have made a separate post.

Software version is V2.39.02

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4ghz not broadcasting to devices

Always better to make a seperate post for each individual problem as many problems can ezhibit the same symptoms, but have different causes.

Your downstream power is a tad low but still within spec.

More importantly, your upstream power levels are high. The SH1 is a very much a underpowered piece of kit and cannot cope with making a lot of power adjustments and a wireless connection the same time. I am quite suprised the 5Ghz is working.

The power levels need to be looked at by a VM tech. With a bit of luck they might swap the SH1 out for a SH2 or Hub 3 free of charge. Bear in mind the Hub 3 firmware is still immature and still does not match the already crippled firmware of the SH2s.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here a few days (about a week at the mo) until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4ghz not broadcasting to devices

Hi Will_Superhub1,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'm sorry to read that the 2.4 GHz wireless network is not working.

As griffin mentioned the upstream power levels are too high and the downstream is a little low. I can arrange an engineer appointment to check this over for you and have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details. On the day the engineer can also check the Super Hub.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos