Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Brainbox
Zaichik

Re: Data speeds

No, it doesn't. Only the more expensive One Plans or the plans with data limits allow you to tether.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
thesmellyone

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
stevo125

[ Edited ]

@admwilko007 no, its doesn't include tethering unfortunately. Its the "essential internet 600" . £45 cashback from Quidco. 1gb data for £9.90, or £3 bolt-on for unlimited. Tethering is £5 and can be added or removed on a monthly basis. Suits me as I only use it probably 2 or 3 times a year! I've already tried a Three sim in my area and know that I can get reasonable speeds, and the promise of LTE at no extra cost swings it for me :-)

@thesmellyone - That's quite a list, looks like this "trial" has kinda backfired big time. Given that the sim only options with Virgin are 30 day, I suspect a good few will be leaving, especially with good offers from competitors at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Padawan
adamwilko007

That's good then because I can get unlimited Internet and tethering for 8 quid on top on top of a normal plan! Thanks all
Please use plain text.
Crafty
mr_D

wow - So after the lies they now come clean. I have 2 contracts with VM and like hell am I going to be sticking up with this. Like most I probably use my phone for the internet more than anything, and with this recent change It has left my phone almost un-usable on the internet unless using WIFI, and that is just not acceptable. I dont pay for a contract only to be provided with half of what it promises.

Please use plain text.
JKY
Making Waves
JKY

[ Edited ]

I called cusotmer service and asked if I can be taking off of this Trial. Took a long time on hold but in the end I was told yes. So IVe been doing speed tests all day. Here are the results. 

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8739/wpss201303050001.png

Link

Please use plain text.
Crafty
mr_D

looks like nothing happened to me. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Padawan
adamwilko007

Could you add the tethering add on to this store.three.co.uk/view/searchSimOnly?tariff=2915
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
pkchips

Here's a summary of my experience of Virgin Mobile customer service:

Phone call number 1. Call technical support, explain the speed cap trial, the forum and Krystal_E's input. Ask if I can be removed from trial. 

"Of course you can, just let me put you through to the right department"

Hangs up.

Phone call number 2. Call technical support, explain speed cap trial etc. "Yeah let me put you through to the right department"

Speak to a new lady who says "This is Virgin Media, please call Virgin Mobile." I explain that I was put through to her by someone at Virgin Mobile. She places me on hold then gets back and puts me through to someone else at Virgin Mobile.

The 3rd lady apparently cannot differentiate between mobile data speed and mobile data allowance. No matter how much I keep trying to explain the difference, she doesn't get it. She keeps telling me something about how I can buy 1GB extra for 90 days (:smileyfrustrated:) and eventually I ask her to take a look at the website so she can see what I'm getting at.

Lady agrees to look at website. Then hangs up.

In total, I spent about an hour on the phone. Shocking customer service.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
lakin

I just wanted to post in case anyone at virgin is reading this forum. I will be switching to Three as soon as I can - thank god I signed up for a 30-day sim only plan and not a long contract!

Please use plain text.