Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11 (409 Views)

upgrade and failed credit check

Greetings!  

I have lost the will to live!!  I have had the same issue twice before when upgrading for myself and my son, namely a declined credit check because of an internal issue:  years ago when an account was closed, I deleted the direct debit which was recorded as a default payment.  This was corrected twice and upgrades allowed.  Both times before I spoke to someone in the underwriting services department but I don't remember how I got to speak to them as it is a wonder how anyone can retain any semblance of sanity as we are shifted between different departments time and time again, only to repeat again and again the sorry tale of our wasted lives with Virgin Mobile.  

I have tried to upgrade to a sim only deal in the last month.   On 26th March I was told a sim would be sent out (no mention of credit check).  On 12th April I rang,  no note of sim being sent out but told sim would be sent out to reach me before 17th April (no mention of credit check).  On 17th April I rang to be told no upgrade was recorded on system and therefore no sim had been sent.  The note on system stated that I had said that I would ring back to request my preference!!  (Dear mother of all that is good and sane on this earth, I am now struggling with strong feelings of hatred!)   Attempted to upgrade again and credit check performed - guess what - declined!  So I am anticipating that it is the same internal issue.   

I thank you for listening.  I must away now to grab a large stick and beat the bejeasus out of a large inanimate object.....

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11 (655 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by sherunner
‎17-05-2017 20:10

Re: upgrade and failed credit check

Hi sherunner

Thanks for getting back to us on your PM Smiley Happy

I have checked and can see that there has been a recent IT ticket raised about this and the reference for this is P007963664

I'm going to keep an eye on this for you to see how this goes as I can see the last one raised shows that the teams needed a screenshot of the error to support you with this, as when they tried to replicate the fault this was not showing any error message.

I'll double check this again at the end of the week for you and keep you posted.

Thanks, and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11 (361 Views)

Hi sherunner,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your credit check and having to go back and forth to try to get this sorted. Has this issue been resolved for you?

You can get in touch with the Consumer Underwriting Services on the following email addresses: consumerunderwritingservices@virginmedia.co.uk

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you.

Please provide the following details:

• Full name
  • Mobile number

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11 (656 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by sherunner
‎17-05-2017 20:10

Hi sherunner

Thanks for getting back to us on your PM Smiley Happy

I have checked and can see that there has been a recent IT ticket raised about this and the reference for this is P007963664

I'm going to keep an eye on this for you to see how this goes as I can see the last one raised shows that the teams needed a screenshot of the error to support you with this, as when they tried to replicate the fault this was not showing any error message.

I'll double check this again at the end of the week for you and keep you posted.

Thanks, and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11 (329 Views)

And so I continue to wait and to practise mindfulness and the art of breathing...................

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11 (325 Views)

Doing a cracking job too @sherunner Heart

I'll keep an eye on it I promise Cat LOL

In the meantime, Namaste and peace out!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 6 of 11 (312 Views)

sherunner wrote:

And so I continue to wait and to practise mindfulness and the art of breathing...................

and ponder the sound of one phone clapping Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11 (287 Views)

Hi Sherunner

Just an update to say I've checked the IT ticket and this is still under investigation but is now with the software technicians at the Huawei Service Desk. They have not supplied a resolution date and as soon as we have any more information we will get back in touch with you about this although this may be a few weeks to a month based on previous experience with our dealings with them for IT issues.

My apologies in advance for the delay and the impact this may have to you.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11 (224 Views)

Hi sherunner

Many thanks for allowing us the time to look into this for you with IT, my apologies this has been a lengthy one!

I've checked in again with IT for you and can see that they have finally closed this off as having been resolved. You should now be able to call us to arrange the options you were looking for prior to this issue being a problem for you.

Let me know how it goes when you call and thanks again!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11 (200 Views)

Greetings!  Thank you for your message.  I appreciate your work.  I phoned Virgin to finally upgrade but - guess what?  There is still an issue with IT so Lara will get in touch with them on Monday and give me a call back.  I hear a glass of vino calling me to calm my nerves........

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11 (130 Views)

Guess what!  still not dealt with!  

0 Kudos