Menu
TimJWL
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Warranty Problem caused by IMEI

I have a couple of phones through Virgin, service including after sales has always been one of key reasons.

Recently my LG G4 stopped working and wouldn't boot or reset. (A known memory fault apparently).

I booked a repair online and sent the phone off, reassured that it normally takes about week. A week passed and I got notice of a parcel delivery, so made plans for someone to be to receive the delivery the next day.

I opened the parcel to find the phone had not been repaired, due to the IMEI not matching. Now I have to put my hands up to this - I didn't check this before shipping it, but then why should I, when it's the same and only LG phone I have had since day one. I also appreciate this would could a problem with repair for the obvious reasons.

I phoned up Virgin, explained the problem. Whilst speaking to the operator, they checked and found the IMEI had not been registered and it was Virgin's fault. I had an apology and was told I would have to wait 2 weeks for the IMEI to register, before booking the repair again.

2 weeks later, the IMEI was the same - so I phoned up. At this point I was told it would take 4 weeks for the IMEI to be added to my account! Why?!

At this point, I have no faith in this happening and I am absolutely appalled - It will have been 8-9 weeks, that's assuming this this even takes place, which I don't think it will.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Warranty Problem caused by IMEI

Hi TimJWL,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for taking the time to post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you have experienced a problem getting your handset repaired due to the IMEI number not being registered and that there's been a delay in getting this corrected on the network.

I'm glad to hear that this has already been escalated for you. Checking this, I can see that there has been a recent update. Have we been back in touch with you about this?

Please let me know. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos