Menu
mattpemberton
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

VM repairs sends back wrong phone, says I sent wrong phone

Hello,

Does anybody have a contact email address for Virgin Mobile's repair service?

I recently sent my phone for an in-warranty repair. I went through the procedure on the website to book the return and got the pack with the forms and box etc. in the post. I packed it all up and sent it off last Friday. I was pleased to receive it back today. Until I opened the parcel.

Inside was a phone and letter stating the following:

'Have you sent us the correct phone?

Hello Mr Pemberton,

Thanks for sending you phone to us for repair.

Unfortunately the phone you've sent doesn't match what we expected, this might be because it's a different make, model or IMEI number (that's your phone's unique identification code) so we've returned the phone to you.'

(This is followed by the details of my phone as I gave when I booked the repair and a note to go to virginmobile.co.uk/help to book the repair again).

The phone they have sent back is not the one I sent them. It is exactly the same model (LG G4) but the IMEI on the label is completely different. I only have one LG G4 so it is impossible that I could have sent back the wrong phone. I definitely provided the right IMEI on the form - the one the letter says I gave matches the one on the original box. I can only think the repair centre must have got the phone and forms mixed up with another return then jumped to the conclusion it was my mistake and sent the wrong phone back to me (and presumably my phone to some other unfortunate person).

I would much rather sort this out with the repairs department by email - I don't have the time to be making phone calls during their opening hours, I don't particularly like website 'Live Chat' services and I feel I can explain myself much more clearly by email. But finding a contact email address for any department at Virgin Media seems to be impossible.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM repairs sends back wrong phone, says I sent wrong phone

Hi Matt

Thank you for taking the time to join us and post on the community forum. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your recent repair and the handset sent back to you. I'd like to take a closer look at the situation here and see if I can shed some light on what is going on. I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope up in the top right of the screen.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos