cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresolved cancellation bill complaint

qwerty6
Joining in

There seems to be a common theme with customers cancelling their Virgin Media contracts.

I am extremely upset by Virgin Media's cancellation policy, and due to a failure of their telephone communication systems/waiiting times being far too long for anybody with a working life, the only contact methode was Whatasapp in which I requested to cancel mutliple times.

Eventually, they cancelled my contract after multiple conversations on the whatsapp messenging service. Only once logged as a complaint was my contract cancelled!

Interestingly, they acknowledged they should have cancelled it earlier, by quoting my whatsapp messages where I requested to cancel however exactly the same message had been sent earlier which they ignored. In essence, they have accepted this to be a form of cancellation and therefore should accept the first request to cancel.

To add insult to injury, Virgin Media have continued to bill me for the extra months that they failed to cancel my contract on, and through repeated complaints and attempts to rectify this issue (which keep being ignored), this final bill has now been sent to a debt collection agency. I have also noticed it has appeared on my credit rating, which is completely unacceptable and is very upsetting, as their mistakes and mis-handling of this is now going to punish me in the future.

The latest response to a complaint has been ignored, what is advised now to raise this complaint further or do I need to contact the Communications Ombudsman?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi qwerty6,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your cancellation and any issues you had with it. 

When did you submit the complaint to the team and how did you submit it?

^Martin

qwerty6
Joining in

Hello Martin,

The complaint was initially via the online form, and subsequenltly via email.

Many thanks

Thank you for that. Can you confirm the date you submitted the complaint?

^Martin

qwerty6
Joining in

29/08/23

14/11/23

15/11/23

Thank you for that information. I am happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin