cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambles 3 years running! - Credit Default & Fraud

Ammar504
Joining in

Hi, 

In March 2020, I was the subject of identity fraud where someone took a contract and a hand set out in my name. The person clearly did not have my all details correct as my first name was spelt wrong. However, I contacted Virgin and they sent me a bag which I was to use and return the hand set and assured me that the matter had been settled. 

Forward a year into 2021 and I begin receiving letters from debt agencies about the contract in question. I then did some research and jumped onto this forum as this seemed to be the best way of resolving the matter. Eventually someone from Virgin sent me a private message via the thread I posted, and then they got the account closed down and said that any credit defaults which may appear should be removed in the next few days or so. 

Forward even further to July 2023; Whilst running a credit report, to my utter dismay, I found that that these credit defaults were still on my file! This is 2 years later!!!. 

I then emailed creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with all the relevant details (my name, the contract account no. in question, address etc.) only to be told that I still owe the outstanding arrears and that the matter was with a particular debt agency whom I need to contact as they (Virgin) would not be discussing this matter further with me! You couldn't make this nonsense up! 

How this mobile service provider is still operating is utterly shocking. The levels of incompetent customer service is beyond belief and the very fact that the "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" in this organisation is appalling. 

I want to get this matter resolved and my credit file cleared! This is completely unfair! 

1 REPLY 1

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ammar504 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies that you are having ongoing issues with this. We would need to bring you into a private message so that we can look into this further.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina