Menu
HB4556
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Asurion Insurance

Hi, I've had so many problems with virgin I'm so frustrated- this is my last hope. My mum had a contract on her virgin media account, so we phoned virgin to upgrade my contract and move it onto an account where I was the account holder/paid the direct debits.

There were a few problems on the phone and miscommunication so I ended up putting the phone down during an attempt to do this. Finally (thought it was) sorted spoke to an advisor, completed a credit check agreed to have an iPhone 7 and unlimitacular sim WITH INSURANCE sent to my home address the next day. 2 days passed and nothing. Turned out there was a problem. No one told me. Also my current contract was cancelled during this.

Went to the virgin store, sat for 2 hours while the store manager tried his hardest to work around this. Couldn't do it as there was an "it ticket" on the file. 2 days later got a phone call to say I could come pick up the iPhone. While picking it up I asked if the insurance I had agreed to previously would be included. Was told it was, signed another form and was told to phone asurion to double check.

Phoned and they have no record of the insurance. Now I have been told I can either take my phone and exchange it for a new one with insurance or take a third party insurance.

I tried to complain last month but nothing ever came of it.

Pleaaaase someone help me and end this saga!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Asurion Insurance

Hi HB4556,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an on-going problem getting insurance on your new handset as advised at the point of sale.

I'd like to look into this for you, but I'll need to take more information first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos