Menu
darcywick
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

PAYGO Account

I have purchased a new Pay as you go phone which I intend to use for emergencies. It came with £10 airtime on starter tariff. as it is only for emergency use i needed confirmation that the credit would not be time expiring. I could find no such statement on virgin mobile website and the online chat was offline. Phone help (789) eventually said that this was the case after several different stories but were unable or unwilling to send written confirmation. Has anybody ny suggestion for obtaining the required written confirmation from virgin mobile.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAYGO Account

Hi darcywick,

new PAYG SIM's from Virgin expire if not used within a 180 day period.

You need to make a chargeable phone call or text message at least once during this period to keep the SIM active (and not lose your top-up).

See clauses 3.7 and 7.2(g) of their Terms & Conditions:

3.7 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and disconnect you from the Network. We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

7.2 Suspension for other reasons: We may also suspend your use of the Services and disconnect your SIM from the Network without giving you notice if you, or anyone who uses your SIM:

(g) chooses not to use our Services within a 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message;

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos