Menu
KingMartin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Is it too much to ask...

I recently received a bill of £49.08, which quite shocked me as my tariff is set at £5.08, upon investigation I discovered I had been charged £2.00 per day every time I exceeded my data allowance. I did receive three texts informing me that I had used 75%, 95% and 100% of my data. I did not receive any text messages informing me that for 22 days I had been charged an extra £2 on my bill for each days data usage, some of which were as low as 1KB (of the last twenty charges the lowest was 1KB, the highest 40 KB).

The charges are correct. They are apparently in the terms and conditions I agreed to, but did not read, which I fully acknowledge was my own error.

My question is this; If Virgin have the capability of sending me a text message informing me that I had used 75%, 95% and 100% of my data allowance, surely they have the ability to send a text message each time an extra £2.00 charge is added to my bill. Why didn't they, and why don't they do this as policy to ensure that customers do not accrue unforeseen charges which can be difficult to pay. 

Virgin media's behaviour on this issue smacks of outright (though within the rules) thievery, and is certainly in no way indicative of a company who want to keep its customers by keeping its customers happy. The problem was further compounded by an at times very rude manager who constantly talked over me, and then told me a bare-faced lie and then tried to blame the lie on the original customer service agent. 

Is it too much to ask that a company informs you when you are being overcharged?

Is it too much to ask to be treated in a way that shows respect for the fact that customers are the reason that businesses exist?

Is it too much to ask for a communications company to send a communication?

Is it too much to ask that a company does not treat its customers as money-punchbags?

Is it too much to ask, for a person to be treated decently?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it too much to ask...

Hi KingMartin

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service.

We'd need to fully clear security to be able to discuss this issue in more detail, to do this just give our team a call on 789 from any Virgin handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other.

We'd love to hear how you get on and we'll be here should there be anything that we can help with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos