Menu
gpage
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I've just upgraded my mobile package but I wasn't happy with the service. How do I lodge a complaint

I've recently been cold-called from a non-UK destination by a Virgin mobile employee - I was at work (in a hospital) at the time but was worried if I didn't complete the call the opportunity to upgrade my mobile package would be lost. I'd very much like to see Virgin making it clear that these offers can be dealt with in a shop, at a time of the consumer's choosing so that they can make informed choices. How am I supposed to know what other mobiles look and feel like when I'm speaking to someone on my mobile? There's no opportunity to ask for time to consider options. I've settled for a new handset but I have no idea if I'm going to like it. I am of course happy with the upgrade to my bundle, otherwise I'd not have accepted it. Yesterday my wife received a similar call. She said that she'd been notified by text that Virgin were going to call (I don't recall being texted) but I currently pay the bill for her mobile use because the original deal, around 5 years ago, was a birthday present. The salesperson therefore had to speak to me. It proved impossible for him to deviate from the set sales procedure. I wanted to know if it would be possible to get the upgrade for my wife's account and actually change the account so that it was in her name with her paying the bills by going into a Virgin Media shop. The salesperson simply started his spiel from the beginning again. The salesperson spoke very reasonable English but was totally unable to understand my northern accent or my questions. It proved a very frustrating and unsatisfying experience. Please bring your sales team onto the UK mainland where you can allow interaction between customer and sales advisor. Please notify customers by text that they can get the upgrade bundle by visiting a shop
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've just upgraded my mobile package but I wasn't happy with the service. How do I lodge a co...

Hi gpage,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for posting your query here.

Sorry to hear your experience of upgrading with us was not as enjoyable as you would have liked.

If you're not satisfied with your mobile upgrade you can call our team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 and we can take a look at your options for you. We can also discuss the options regarding your wife's mobile package also.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos