Menu
Lawlorb
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I need proof virgin has blacklisted my phone

I have a sim only contract with virgin for a Samsung phone I purchased direct from Samsung. my phone has been stollen and my insurance company want proof the phone has been blacklisted.virgin have blacklisted the phone but will not provide me with proof. I have made loads calls and they say that as the phone  from them they can't provide evidence the phone has been blacklisted. They even told me to call Samsung to ask them to provide the information although it's virgin who registered the phone for blacklisting. Does anyone know how I can get proof as I can't make claim without proof

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

onRe: I need proof virgin has blacklisted my phone

Don't know if this is of use https://www.checkmend.com/uk/

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need proof virgin has blacklisted my phone

Hi Lawlorb,

Thanks for getting in touch on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that your phone has been stolen. 

We can only blacklist our own equipment because we don't own the rights to third party owned handsets.

We are able to suspend your SIM card so that your service isn't used, but we aren't able to blacklist the handset if you purchased it from another provider or vendor.

Please contact the provider of the handset to get this blacklisted with them. Please have a look at the following post for more advice about this: Blacklist Insurance 3rd party equipment

Please let me know if there's anything further I can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help