Menu
tjam100
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

End of contract

My contract ended last year but I was not allowed to upgrade because I had been late on a couple of Virgin media payments, this was despite my mobile account being paid on time throughout my contract. I felt this unfair as I believed them to be different contracts, also my wife was allowed to upgrade at the same time "because her phone was not linked to the Virgin media account".

I have subsequently continued to pay the phone tariff despite my phone now being paid for, for the last 12 months. Admittedly it has not been my priority to pay my phone bill on time because clearly it has not helped me. Yet nobody from Virgin has highlighted to me that I am still paying the same tariff even though I now own my phone and essentially should be on a sim only tariff.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: End of contract

Hi

I agree this seems unfair, as if Virgin are just trying their luck in the hope that you'll just keep paying.

However as part of the agreement you take, your monthly payment will continue until you request to change.

3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term - "You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term or any subsequent monthly renewal date for your Contract Allowance if you do not want us to continue provisioning you with your Contract Allowance each month. If you do contact us we will not provision you with your Contract Allowance but will continue to provide you with the Services at the rates set out for Pay Monthly customers in our Tariff Table until this Agreement is cancelled by either you or us in accordance with Clause 10."

So when you knew you were approaching or out of contract, you should have called the Virgin mobile customer services on 789 or 0345 6000 789 to sort out the best deal for yourself.

If you let them get away with this, they will.... It's your responsibility.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: End of contract

Hi tjam100

The upgrade process to involve a new handset would mean going through the credit check process, if you wanted to change the package to a SIM only rate then speak to the team about this.

@alexkid

Its not the fact of " a bit luck they keep paying the same rate"

virgin wouldn't be able to just to remove the tariff or change it because the contract has ended. If a customer doesn't call up to Virgin how would they ever know they are unhappy with the plan or the price they are paying . They couldn't possibly start changing the allowances or the agreement without having a conversation with the account holder. After all , the usage may change and want a higher plan or an upgrade. Their are too many variations of this.

If your not happy with what you pay. Call the team and have the discussion.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos