Menu
Pita1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Billing Outside of Contract

My mother who has Dementia (I have power of autorny - health and finance) had a mobile phone and a pay as you go contract with Virgin Media, as she has not used the phone for in excess of 15 months and the monthly direct debit was still operational, the direct debit was cancelled in January this year. Obviously out of contract, spoke to several people on 0345 077 1199, clueless! I would add that at present my mother has a full broadband package with Virgin Media which allows her some form of entertainment. 

My mother has received a chasing letter for an outstanding amount of £27.45 and the threat of debt collectors in relation to her mobile phone, the charge relates to 3 months standard charges.

I have just been told that even though my mother has not used her phone for in excess of 18 months, that the £27.45 is payable, the letter is signed by Mark Davidson. I questioned that she is out of contract and explained our predicament and got so frustrated my wife took over the call, 1 hour later no better off, my wife is now going to the nearset Virgin Media store to 'deal' with.

Hopeless service Virgin, lazy arrogant trading!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing Outside of Contract

Hi Pita1,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you have experienced difficulties getting your mother's mobile account sorted out with us. 

I'd like to look into this further for you to see if I can support you with this issue, but I'll need to take more information first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help