cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else been harassed by outbound retentions team

Dave6018
On our wavelength

So, my contract is coming to an end, and we cannot reach an agreement. Therefore, I am disconnecting my services. These things happen! But what annoys me is, has anyone else been harassed by the Virgin Media retentions team after asking them to cease all contact? I raised the matter with the executive team, and let's just say that did not fill me with reassurance, so I would like to know if anyone else has been in the same predicament? I am considering taking the matter to the ombudsman, because no should mean no!!

I will also be posting on other forums.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Untick the spam box at https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/preferences 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Dave6018, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this and that you are also leaving us 😞

Please do feel free to block the number but I will also send you a PM to make sure everything has been updated, sometimes when we make changes like this it can take a few days to fully register so you may get some calls in this time

Please look out for my PM now.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Dave6018
On our wavelength

Before reading this let me clarify I WAS a very happy customer for the last 7 years and had very few complaints with Virgin Media

I raised a complaint, but I'm not happy with the resolution offered by Virgin Media. Multiple agents from the outbound team either haven't listened to me, hung up on me, or, more importantly, ignored my request to not be contacted. This leads me to question why Virgin Media seems intent on overcharging loyal customers. During a phone call, I was told by someone who claimed to be in the executive office that they "don't make money on new customers." However, I don't believe this to be true.

So the comedy gets even better I recently received a bill from Virgn covering the period from 23rd February 2024 to 24th March 2024. However, my service is due to be terminated on 19th February 2024, and I gave 30 days' notice. So Virgin want me to deposit 164 pounds in its account for 60 days before refunding, it is not happening.

At least I can now understand why Virgin Media get six times more ombudsman complaints than Sky and comes out as the worst provider in the UK oh they also come bottom for TV services as well.

so here is how I believe a customer complaint should be resolved, bear this in mind when reading Virgin Media's response to my complaint and do you think this agent did well

1. Acknowledge and listen: First things first, acknowledge the customer's complaint and actively listen to their concerns without interrupting. Show empathy and understanding of their frustration.

2. Gather information: Ask questions to fully understand the issue and gather all relevant details like dates, times, reference numbers, and any supporting evidence the customer might have.

3. Apologize if necessary: If the company is at fault, offer a sincere apology. Taking responsibility shows the customer that you care and are willing to rectify the situation.

4. Offer a solution: Work with the customer to find a mutually agreeable solution that addresses their specific complaint. This could involve a refund, replacement, service repair, credit, or other forms of compensation.

5. Communicate clearly: Explain the proposed solution clearly and concisely, outlining any terms or conditions associated with it. Ensure the customer understands the resolution and feels satisfied with it.

6. Follow up: After implementing the solution, follow up with the customer to ensure their satisfaction and address any lingering concerns. This shows your commitment to resolving issues and building positive relationships with customers.

We have a little update on your complaint with us. We didn’t want to delay things, so we’ve gone ahead and looked into a resolution for you.

Here’s a quick recap(not listening i had more calls than that or my phone is lying)

Your complaint was:
Cable -> Customer Experience -> Volt

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
Thank you for your time on the 'phone today when we discussed your concerns.

We are unable to offer you the price you sought - i.e. £82 for the same services or with the removal of TNT Sports - and are sorry you have chosen to leave us as a result.

We apologised for any agent who did not apply a "No Contact" flag on your account when you asked them to. We can see a request for such on January 20th and whilst the agent noted he had done this he hadn't. As such he will be guided. The flag was set today. You said there were at least four prior occasions where you'd requested this. We cannot find these requests. Here is our log of interactions with you this past three months...

07/12/23 - Inbound call - Contract end enquiry. Advised.

02/01/24 - Outbound call - Sales offer attempted.

20/01/24 - Inbound call - Disconnection Request. No contact requested.

22/01/24 - Outbound call - Sales Offer made. Declined.

29/01/24 - Online Chat - Services showing as restricted in MVM. Advised no restriction existed.

04/02/24 - Online Chat - Better deal enquiry.

We understand you have or will be raising a DSAR online and will use this to verify your claim we didn't set the "No Contact" flag on numerous occasions and that we called you.

We also understand you will be taking this complaint to the Communications Ombudsman. Guidance on this process is given below.
Here's what we offer as a resolution:
Customer Experience ->Agent or Technician Professionalism - Internal feedback provided

We hope this works for you.

We’ll keep your complaint open for 28 days from now just in case you still want to talk through your options. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111 if you’re not completely happy with the resolution.
If we don’t hear back after 28 days, we’ll assume you’re satisfied with everything and close your complaint.

just let's say it doesn't work for me, I would like either a deadlock letter or maybe some fresh eyes on this complaint, or somebody who has the right profile and the correct tools for the job.