Menu
Fergie2522
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

defaulted account

hi,

my mother got an account with virgin media in 2007 in my name, whilst she paid on time etc she closed her account in 2011 and was unaware she owed any outstanding balances on her account. But on a recent check  of my experian account i have found she actually owed £171 on the said account. She unfortunately cant remember her username/password or account number however if i pay the outstanding balance of £171 could i close the account and have the defaulted mark taken off my experian account please?

kind regards

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: defaulted account

Hi David, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear of the situation you are in. 

Once the outstanding balance has been paid, the default status will change to satisfied. We would only look to remove a default if we've put it there by mistake. 

You can contact the credit amendments team using the following details:

By phone on: 0800 052 0290. They are open Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00 and Saturday 09:00 - 13:00. They are closed on Sundays.

By post at: 

Consumer Underwriting

Virgin Media

Eagle Court 3

Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: defaulted account

2016, the year of uprising against the establishment! The system has its rules and they're there for good reason but, there is no facility (that I know of) for human intervention to remove a bad mark against your name where it was applied without knowledge. What the big computers owned by these companies records about each of us, we have no control over. This is a clear case of a communication breakdown. Had you known about it 2011, I'm sure you would have settled it then.

I hope you can find satisfaction with the default being satisfied and that it hopefully won't affect future credit. Such a small amount but, potential to cause a lot of harm.
0 Kudos