Menu
koschristod
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Contract Name

Hello,

I have this problem, the name on my contract is wrong.

*I signed with the correct name and nothing changed
*I changed the name online on my account,
*I changed the name on the direct debit,
*I called but there is no option for correcting the contract names,
*I chatted on the live chat and was told to get back in 2 days and the live chat has been unavailable since.

After managing to put the correct name somewhere, the emails I receive are still under the wrong name..

Any other suggestions to fix this please?

I have this issue for almost a month now..

Thanks in advance,
Konstantinos

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Contract Name

Hi konstantinos

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know that your contract name is incorrect and our apologies this is the case.

Thanks too for taking the time to join us on the forums and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Minor Name Change

If the name mistake is a miss spelling of 4 characters or less, then if you contact our teams via150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat our teams will be able to amend this for you.

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g. Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Major Name Change

If the name change is more than 4 characters to correct the issue then if you could:

• Write in along with a copy of documentation showing your correct name and a covering letter.
  • Copies of your driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate, marriage licence, and deed poll certificate are all acceptable.
  • Send this to the address you can find on page three of our Contact Us document,
  • Please make sure not to send original documents to us.

If you can do this then that would be fab. Once we receive this the name is updated within 28 days by our teams for you.

Please keep us posted if we can help with anything else.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos