Menu
TomTomTom
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Waiting since October.. No refund

Hi, been waiting for a refund since October. I was told a cheque would be sent promptly and I would receive it in a little over a month. I have called numerous times between November and March, with the last one being this evening. I have been told every time the cheque would be posted, until today when I refused to be fobbed off with the same script. I am a bit short on cash at the minute and I have bills to cover tomorrow, but the money I am owed by Virgin Media more than covers my outgoings tomorrow so I asked if they could make a manual payment but apparently that is "actually impossible for Virgin Media to do" and I should make an Indemnity claim with my bank - I'm not even with the same bank anymore, adding further difficulty to just getting my money back! 

So, a couple of questions:

Anybody else had similar issues with refunds? 
How long would an indemnity claim take if I can make one with my old bank?
And why on Earth is it not possible for such a large company like Virgin Media (owned by Liberty Global, which operates in 14 countries and serves 27 million people) to make a payment straight into my bank account but they can take payments instantly and also demand them?

Also, when my bill is missed tomorrow do I have grounds to make a claim against Virgin Media for the amount that is outstanding and any interest and charges accumulated?

Hopefully somebody has the answers

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waiting since October.. No refund

Hi TomTomTom

Many thanks for posting about the final bill refund and my apologies this has not been processed for you Smiley Sad

Refunds are sent in cheque format 35 days after the final bill is produced as a rule but this one is far beyond the expected time frame here so I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Refund balances usually do not match exactly a previous payment you have made. The only other ways we can refund monies on the account are via card refund if this has been used to make a payment, or you can claim money back for Direct Debits via an indemnity claim. These methods would only refund a balance that has been actively debited as a prior payment, not the full final balance that we refund via cheque.

My personal thoughts on the indemnity claim are if your bank account was closed with your previous bank then I do not believe an indemnity would work for you.

I'd like to look into this further for you to check the process of the refund for you and for me to do so if you could send a private message to me with your name and full address for your old account with Virgin Media, I can then investigate this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm what we can do to support further.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos