Menu
fbuchanan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin customer service slipping ?

I wonder if Virgin Customer Service pay any more attention to messages here thanm they do to calls and messages sent directly to them.

First of all it is unnecessarily difficult to contact a human being by telephone.

I updated my Direct Debit on Feb 11th and they confirmed by letter they had updated it on February 13th then they charged me a £10 surcharge on February 14th because I had cancelled the old Direct Debit and their charge to the OLD account bounced (what a surprise).

I call their so-called customer service and after 10 minutes of musak I speak to someone who says he cannot help after I explain the issue but will pass me to a "collections agent". After listening to musak for another 15 minutes I give up and send an email with my complaint instead.

No reply so far and no refund of the £10 surcharge despite it being 100% their staff laziness, managerial laziness and system failure that led to the initial error AND the complete failure to deal with the problem politely since it was brought to their attention 2 weeks ago.

Back in the day Virgin mmedia were REALLY GOOD at customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin customer service slipping ?

Hi fbuchanan

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the new Direct Debit you set up with us and my apologies about the experience you have had with us.

This was not caused by error but was as a result of the billing process we have with DD’s.

To clarify:

• DD’s are set by the bill when this is created and DO NOT adjust to the new details if you have changed your bank details after the bill has produced. The original payment will still be linked to the original DD details.
  • Setting up a new DD with us will update with our bills on the next statement, not any current statements we have pending.
  • In these instances you have to call us or speak to us via Webchat for us to arrange to stop the pending payment you have via the old DD and to make a manual payment in it’s stead for this month only.
  • If the DD is due to be debited within the next 3-5 days, this would need to be cancelled with the bank, as we may not be able to stop this individual transaction from processing. We pass payment requests in advance to the banks ready to process the DD’s on the date they should be taken usually 2-3 working days in advance.

Given your correspondence with us and having had the letter confirming the new DD details I appreciate how this has led you to believe that the DD was activated for the current month and that you had sorted this with us.

My apologies for the confusion. I hope you were able to chat to our teams about this to look into the charge with them as I’m sure once they understand why this happened they would be able to look into this for you.

If you’d prefer not to contact them on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111, you can also look at chatting to our teams via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Keep us posted on how this goes Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos