Menu
Laurie2638
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media

Hello, I have just signed up to a new bundle for tv, broadband & phoneline. Full house TV,vivid 200mbps and weekend calls.
(This package was supposed to include the new V6 box)
The sale went through all smooth and very quick agreeing to the monthly fees & activation fee etc. We were told that it would be a self activation and it would be with us 2 days later (23rd Dec) when it arrived it was a TiVo box! so I called to let them know I had been sent the wrong box I was passed from department to department and I was on the phone for 2 hours 8 minutes in total. During them hours I was told I had to pay extra for the v6 box (yet it is in fact included in the package for all to see online) and I would have to pay extra for the engineer to come out and install new v6 box. After getting passed around I eventually got put through to one lad and he told me that I am infact correct and I don't have to pay extra for engineer or v6 box and he would arrange the engineer and call me back in the first week of January (I'm aware there's a day left of the week) but I'm still waiting...

Also after recieving the "you have been upgraded" email I decided to check my new super fast broadband the "vivid 200" should be called "vivid 33.87" my broadband is actually slower now I have upgraded than 2 weeks ago on virgins basic broadband

And the Phone line? I haven't been sent a phone number for land line or any other information regarding the phone line

Is that normal?

What is going on?
Anyone else had this before with virgin?
I've been a customer for years (broadband only) I decide to upgrade and this is how I'm dealt with!? Thinking of jumping ship now!
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media

the v6 is not self install at the minute. engineer needed in all cases. tvo is self install.

v6 does indeed require a fee to be paid for set up/number of boxes. the amount depends what package you were on previously. ie just broadband or basic tv package, full package etc

i'm sure a mod will be here to help soon. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media

Hi Laurie2638, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you have received trying to upgrade to the V6 box. 

As you were a broadband only customer, to upgrade to V6 there would have been a charge of £99.95 for the box + £14.99 activation fee. An engineer would have come to install this and make sure the phone line was working. 

Have you activated the TiVo® box since you received it? If so technically this would mean you are now on a Full House 200 package which means you would qualify for an upgrade to the V6 box for £49.95 + £14.99 activation fee. 

You would need to give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They'll be able to check your broadband and phone too on the same call. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos