Menu
hkakad
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media installation problems

We signed up for a Virgin package a couple of months ago after receiving a glossy brochure stating that Virgin were offering fibre broadband in our area. We agreed an installation date of the 19th November and received confirmation of our account opening and a date when the works would be carried out on the road to install the fibre.
Received a text message confirming that the works were being carried out on the road a few weeks back so assumed all was in order. Also received a call on the 18th November in the morning confirming the install was going to take place the next day and to make sure that someone was present.
Then received another call at 5pm on the 18th November stating that the works hadn't been carried out and the install was cancelled and it would be next year before we could get another install date!!!
This is completely unacceptable behaviour from Virgin and seems like it's a very common situation reading the threads on this forum
We are now left without Broadband, TV or landline and this is causing by huge disruption to my wife's business as she works from home
Have spent hours on the phone to the call centres in various locations - been hung up on several times, passed around from pillar to post and no sign of resolution or even an apology...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media installation problems

Hi hkakad,

Welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch about the problems you have had with your installation. I am very sorry to hear that the installation has been delayed and understand your frustration with the repeated postponement of your cable service fitting, especially as you have received conflicting communications from us regarding this.

I appreciate that this is not the level of service we would expect to provide and it's understandable that you're unhappy with the situation.

I will send you a private message so I can look into this for you. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos