cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM, send me my returns packaging!!

-returns-
Tuning in

Around 4th May 2024 VM say I should have received my returns packaging. I waited till the 7th May because of the bank holiday.

Nothing. 

I then ordered the returns packaging and still they have not sent it!

Today 11th May I have reordered it again because they now say they'll charge me £85 on the 20th May.

I can see the game here. So VM fail to send the packaging so that you can't return and they get their bonus money. Disgraceful. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @-returns- 

Thank you so much for your post and we are so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your service.

I am so sorry the packaging has not yet arrived, just in case this is an easy option you can pop the equipment in to any O2 store near you at any time, or if you would like I can pop you a PM so we can arrange a collection? 

Please do let me know. 

-returns-
Tuning in

I have sent you a PM as I would like this collected. Thank you. 

DPJ
On our wavelength

I left VM on 24th April which to be honest went seamlessly. Returning equipment is another issue as you have 30 days to return the kit which starts on your termination date. For me the date given was 24th May. I gave up waiting for the returns packaging and packed it myself, added a covering letter, printed the label from the VM website  and took it to my local Yodel drop off on the 6th May. On the Yodel app is is now shown as being returned to VM on 10th May. Reading on posts on this forum it can take up to 14 days to be processed by VM. I have received several computer generated emails telling me how much I will be charged if I fail to return the kit within 30 days which in my case is £100. £65 for a hub 5 and £35 for 1 pod. I can only wait and see if any charges are levied after 24th May. In my opinion 30 days is not long enough given that it can take 14 days to send the return packaging and a further 14 days to book the equipment into their system once returned. My returns packaging did eventually arrive on 9th May and will go in the recycling bin. I have kept the Yodel receipt and have the evidence that my hub 5, pod and associated leads have indeed now been returned pending any dispute with VM. Call me an old cynic but watch this space.

I don't understand how a large company like VM can have such a poor logistical system in place and while they are fully protected the customer is not and at the mercy of their process. It's stressful, very stressful. 

unisoft
Knows their stuff

@-returns- wrote:

I don't understand how a large company like VM can have such a poor logistical system in place and while they are fully protected the customer is not and at the mercy of their process. It's stressful, very stressful. 

yep takes VM 14 days to send our packaging. In my case, the first packaging was prompt BUT was not big enough for router + stream box + accessories. So I requested another soon after it arrived. Another 14 days passed and no packaging. Then collections started texting saying they would collect. We agreed the first available date and time. They cancelled on the morning by text at 07:25 and a "borked" formatted email came though saying to book another collection. The  web page never worked even days later. Anyway, a member of the forum staff was trying to sort and the collections team turned up week or so later unannounced with no agreed appointment and FORTUNATELY I was in and not on a Teams Meeting, and was able hand the kit over. Email received that day that kit was returned. The next day, a charge was slapped on my account for "non-return" 😉 

It's all sorted now, but I pointed out in a separate post that the VM video for leaving and returning kit says "80 days" to return not 30 days (again, a VM forum staff said they have escalated internally to fix).

It does seem a racket to me that it takes them 14 days to send out packaging - that is HALF the return time allowed give a day. It does not take into account things like the second lot never arrived probably because of Royal Mail or VM's own internal error. It should be 60 days MINIMUM in my opinion which is what Sky follow.