Menu
martyn8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

VM retention

I have been a VM customer since they took over from Blueyonder (and have received the same service since Telewest and United Artists). Last week, having noticed that a (not big) loyalty discount was due to expire, I rang VM and an automated message offered me the option of extending the discount for 6 months with no change to services. I was asked to press 1 to do this, or press 2 to speak to an adviser. I opted to speak to an adviser to discuss options and to see if I could get a deal; he told me that he knew nothing about this option to extend for 6 months. I was only able to extend on contract for another year if I wanted to continue with the discount.

I am aware of the great deals that new customers can receive and that they are not available to long-term customers, (although some other providers do make them available to their existing customers). I don't expect something for nothing but I would have appreciated feeling valued.

Later last week, I phoned again and to say that I was considering leaving and the adviser wasn't remotely interested in keeping me as a customer, and as a result she cancelled my subscription within two minutes!

I am deeply upset that after all these years, I feel unvalued and that my loyalty and custom counted for nothing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM retention

Hi martyn8, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that the team did not make you feel valued enough to want to stay with us. Smiley Sad

Depending on the circumstances you gave as to why you wanted to cancel would depend on how we proceed with the call. More often than not we will try and go through the services you have to see if there is something we can do to keep you as a loyal customer. 

With regards to offers, new customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined. Any offers past this are available to all customers. Try giving the team a call again on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and ask them to go through your package to see if we can get you an offer you're happy with Smiley Happy 

Come back and let us know how the call goes.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos