Menu
Smickles
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Service for a new customer

I just wanted to say what terrible service I have received from Virgin Media over the past month.

When I purchased my 200 Gamer package, I selected a much earlier date online. It was postponed 2 weeks. I had to spend A LOT on mobile data during this lengthy period of time. On the day on installation (28th October) I had one man turn up LATE and he said "Oh I can do nothing and we will have to send a 2 man crew out as it is a 2 man job..." "The next date is the 24th November, is that okay with you?" Of course not! How would this be okay with me? I had to spend over £60 in one week for mobile data. Multiply that out. I'm almost paying the amount of my contract to get the services with you guys in the first place!

What makes me even more cross is I was on hold for a lengthy period of time before I was even able to speak to anyone. They took no effort to try fix my problem at all apart from fobbing me off with discounts. Fobbing me off with discounts doesn't resolve the fact I will be another month without services & I will have to book time off work AGAIN to wait around for an engineer! 

Such a terrible first impression.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Service for a new customer

Hi Smickles, 

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits are accepted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos