Menu
claicham
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV and phone disconnected with new router

Hello all,

Long story short, we've been with VM for a few years and usual thing, got very expensive so we switched to Sky for TV and were going to go with broadband from them, too, but then I looked again at VMs offerings and saw the 200 gamer package and decided I'd prefer that.

I called to cancel services on the 13/14th Oct, told it would be on until the 13th Nov. Sky is installed and all working fine. I got on the phone last Thursday to ask about the broadband with VM and agreed to a new 12 month contract for the broadband only, she told me a new router would be delivered today which it has been. This replaces the superhub 2 that we had. 

This evening I connected it up, didn't work at first so I was online on my phone trying to figure out why and found a post on here saying I needed to call them to activate so I did, and it's now all connected up but the TiVO now says 'Account closed' and the phone line is off.

I was not told this during the call when I agreed to the broadband contract, as it's now 2 weeks earlier than expected and they bill in advance, do they now owe me and how in the hell do I get through to someone on the phone to ask what's going on with my account?

Also, the broadband speed is quite poor, getting 40mb on a wired connection... I thought this was supposed to be non-traffic managed? Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV and phone disconnected with new router

Hi there claicham,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

As you've now taken a Broadband Only deal, the TiVo® and the Phone service would be disconnected as soon as you activated the new hub. From what I can gather from your post, this is what you wanted. 

You are right, we do charge for services in advance so what will happen now is any dates we've charged you for beyond the date your phone and TV service cancelled will be refunded to you on your next bill. 

If you want to keep your phone and TV service with us then give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they will be more than happy to reactivate things. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos