Menu
KS2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sever delays in Virgin fibre optic line activation

Hi,

We subscribed for a full package of TV+Fibre optic broadband+Phone line in during mid-Jan and we were promised the broadband will be activated before 28th Jan. Just before the activation date, we get a call from Virgin that it will take a further 4-8 weeks to get the Fibre optic line sorted

a. Firstly we were never told that the line did not exist. This we think is a basic check that Virgin should be aware if the fibre optic line is available in the area or not

b. Secondly, there has been no progress made thus far in securing the fibre optic line. An engineer came one day and said he needs to 'dig up' to make the line available and he disappeared. there has been no communication from then on

c. Thirdly, when we subscribed to virgin the sales person convinced us to go with Virgin mobile, wherein virgin would send us sim car ; and in the event we start using the sim the line would be activate and we would be billed...I have never opened the SIM neither have I installed it in my phone but been charged twice (1 in Jan and 2nd in Feb); this is beyond me - how can one be charged for a service that has never been availed?!

We do not want to use the sim card, unless our fibre optic broadband has been sorted...

- Keerthana

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sever delays in Virgin fibre optic line activation

Hi Keerthana

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the issues with the connection to the home and the Mobile SIM activation.

For our teams to look into the activation of the SIM if you can get in touch with them either via 0345 6000 789 or 789 from any Virgin Mobile or 150 from a Virgin Media landline, the teams would be able to look into this for you and arrange to resolve this for you.

As this is a billing issue our support teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with billing or packages. As the forums are public we need to be supporting you in this way to keep your data confidential.

With respect to the installation this would have been booked on the premise that the property is pre-cabled and our system would have shown this as being the case when checked before we booked this for you.

Once this is booked we then send a pre pull teams to check this, usually a day or two before the installation, who will then rod the cabling to the home in advance of the planned installation.

At that point if they find an issue they then feed this back to our teams. If this has been advised as a 6-8 week delay it’s highly likely construction work has been scheduled in to plan and raise templates with permits for a dig. The majority of the time is the wait we need to schedule in as when planning any carriageway dig we have to notify the LEA, public etc, with notice in case of objection.

To keep up to date with this with our Construction teams you can contact them directly via 0345 045 0595 and their opening hours are Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos