cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Pre Contract Offer from Retention Team

vm876
Tuning in

Hi there. I recently was offered a new 18 month contract from the retention team on 27/03. The documents were sent to me via text and email. I approved them on 28/03. I was then expecting some form of confirmation of the change, but didn't receive anything. I contacted VM retention team again a couple of days later and they informed me it would take 14 days to process, taking me up untill 10/04 which wasnt outined to me. Today I thought I'd just double check with VM that the contract would start on 10/04 and they have infomed me they have no knowledge of this contract from 27/03! Has anyone had experience of this before, in terms of waiting the 14 days and then the services starting. Seems very odd as every other time I have requested a new contract, the change has been immediate and documents sent out immediately? Either way I am now stuck paying significantly more on my old contract despite the request to change!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi vm876, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Just to explain things a little further on the process, I know some of this has been mentioned previously but I just wanted to put it all in one post so nothing gets missed. 

If you've renewed online through My VM or via an email offer that was sent to you, once you've agreed to the terms and conditions, these orders go to a back office team who apply the deal. There is usually a back log and due to this, it can take up to 14 days to process and they'll send you an email confirming the change has been made. 

As these offers are online exclusive, the Sales or Customer Services team won't have visibility of them and are unlikely able to offer the same package/price. Your 14 days right to cancel period does not start until the new contract is live and active on your account. 

In terms of the activation date, this will usually state 'to be confirmed' or something along that lines in your pre-contract documents. In some cases, if you have some sort of unique discount or service on the account then the team will be unable to process the deal however after the 14 days, there would be notes to confirm this on the account and we can check things and escalate if needed. 

We understand it is frustrating needing to wait but come back to us after the 14 days and we can then help then. Until then, our hands are somewhat tied. Once the new package does go live, your billing will be adjusted by a pro rata credit which will come off your next bill. 

I hope that clears up any confusion and answers some questions that have been raised in the overall thread.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi vm876, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you were unaware of the 14 day period. Whenever you opt to take an online offer or decide to think about an offer from the retentions team, once you accept the contract, it then goes to a back office team for them to process the changes. The only time things would be done right away is if you agree on the phone to an agent and they process the change then and there. 

You would need to wait for the 14 days to complete before we can escalate things so if your contract still hasn't changed by the time the 14 days have passed, pop back and let us know so we can help further.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

vm876
Tuning in

OK, that doesnt really explain how today when I spoke with the retentions team they had no knowledge of this contract? Is it just a case of waiting and hoping it goes through? I didnt get any confirmation of accepting this offer and nothing shows in my account. Doesnt excatly fill me with confidence. In the mean time VM have sent me a bill for this month at a vastly increased rate. Is there no way of checking things are in progress?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The reason for the 14 day wait is so that you will have passed the 14 days in which you can cancel the contract without penalty.

The only sure way to get out of this trap is to phone and cancel right now, so that you can start again with the proper deal that you were offered and agreed.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

vm876
Tuning in

Well the contract hasnt started yet and the services detailed in it have not been supplied. I have only received pre contract docs. Unless you know differently?

The only reason I dont agree to the contact over the phone is because the retentions team do not tell you the correct details of the contract

ie

Q: Is this contract at £X for the full 18 months

A: Yes it is

Check the contract, you find out the contract is at £X for 6 months and then £X+ for 12 months

I rang back and queried this and was told don't worry you can make another contract with us again in 6 months!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I mentioned it because you said VM has already sent you a bill at the increased rate, which sounds like they think you have a contract. You do need to be careful with this lot.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @vm876,

Would you mind clarifying what was discussed and/or actioned by the team when you last spoke with them about this? Did you agree to any new services or equipment as part of the new bundle?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Then why do they send you an email with an activation date of less than 14 days? I accepted a renewal contract and was sent an email with a customer reference number, the activiation date and been and gone, my Virgin Media account shows "No open orders or appointments"??

The whole thing is a complete shambles!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Possibly because they think it's all sorted and running? These renewals are often messed up. I suggest you respond to @Zach_R above and see if he can help. 

- jpeg1

I have spoken with Zach and he was unable to help as he said they cannot offer this deal on this forum. He suggested I phone rententions which I have already done and tried WhatsApp and Online Chat.

I give up!